About Alumni Dues

The goal is for the dues paid by alumni (¥5,000 annually) make up about half of the yearly budget of the Waseda University Alumni Association (WUAA). Dues are also used toward supporting the university and current students, including reunion activities and services for members.

How Alumni Dues Are Used
WUAA’s activities are supported by alumni dues. Much of the budget of the alumni association goes to support the university and current students, and it also supports reunion activities and member services.

How to Pay Alumni Association Dues

For Overseas Residents
You can pay by credit card or China Union Pay card. Follow the steps below.

  • 1Click this link to access the settlement site, and enter your name, address, and other necessary information. (The site uses E-apply service.)
  • 2Confirm the entered information with Waseda University Alumni Association administration. Once it is confirmed that you are eligible to pay dues, you will receive a verification message.
  • 3Visit the link in the message and pay by credit card or China Union Pay card.
    This online settlement service is not available to residents of Japan.Guardians of current students residing overseas can also apply for a Waseda Gakuho subscription through the steps above.

For residents of Japan

  • 1Automatic bank transfer from the account linked to your Waseda Card
    Waseda University has cooperated with the Waseda University Alumni Association so that 0.5% of the amount of purchases made with the Waseda Card (issued in cooperation with a major credit card company) will be returned to the university and used in full for scholarships. For information on how to join or to request materials, see the Waseda Card page.

About the Waseda Card (Japanese only)

  • 2By automatic bank transfer from a bank/postal bank
    Dues can be automatically transferred from your account in June every year. Use the Inquiry Form to request the applicable documents.
  • 3By designated bank transfer form (no transfer handling fees)
    The first payment will need to be made from a postal bank. From the second payment onward, a designated bank transfer form will be included with the issue of the Waseda Gakuho sent before the deadline. This form can be used to make a transfer from a postal bank or convenience store.
    If you would like to pay in a lump sum (for example, ¥25,000 for five years), apply via the Inquiry Form. (Please note that dues cannot be refunded once paid.)