Personal data of Waseda University Alumni is registered under the information of school register when graduation and is not passed on to any third parties in principle.WUAA manages Waseda University alumni's personal data such as address, name, contact information, academic background and such. Such persoanl data will be treated with utmost care and attention. Collection, preservation, usage of personal data is managed under strict control conforming to "regulations on protection of personal data" and "Waseda University information security policy" determined by Waseda University, under the information administrator WUAA President (served concurrently by chancellor of Waseda University).
(1) When needed in operation of Waseda University or WUAA
Providing WUAA activity information and such provision of services to Alumni.
Sending of mails or e-mail, such as "Seihoku no Kaze", Waseda University's public relations magazine, information about Homecoming Day, donations, and the "Waseda Card"
Sending of mails or e-mail, such as WUAA's communication pamphlet "Waseda Gakuho", message on membership fee payment and such.
(2) When used in publication of WUAA listing and support for encouragement Tomonkai activities
* WUAA listing has been published ever year since fiscal year 1991 for the graduates of that year.
* In the following cases, personal data are provided within shared use in groups as routine procedure.
WUAA prefectural and city governments branch
Registered Tomonkai (in the case that community, international, occupational field Tomonkai or WUAA confirms a special necessity )In the case of launching a new Tomonkai based on registration (in the case that community, international, occupational field, annual Tomonkai or WUAA confirms the special necessity )
• Provided information : postal code, address, name, academic background (graduated year, the department or graduate course, and such), WUAA activity status of people who accept legal disclosure of personal data
Main purpose of utilization in WUAA is as follows: Any disclosure of information is based on consent from the individual. Personal data and personal identifiers will neither be collected nor disclosed without permission.• Information administrator : WUAA President (served concurrently by chancellor of Waseda University).
(3) In the case that it is needed for the conduct, improvement, and/or upgrading of services by "Tomon community"Examples:
In the case that the improvement and upgrading of a service or a new service development by "Tomon community"
In the case that the conduct of a service or a announcement are related to services provided by "Tomon community," such as distribution of e-mail
Making statistical data of "Tomon community" 's reading population for content providers.
(4) In the case of providing personal data to subcontractors that are obligated to manage personal data appropriately by the contract for the purpose of outsourcing necessary activities.
(5) In the case of disclosing or using personal data with consent.
* However, if there is a criminal investigation and the proper procedures are followed under the law (such as the Code of Criminal Procedure), necessary information may be disclosed to judicial police institutions (police, court of law, etc.) when there is an order for information disclosure through a call for cooperation with investigations or a warrant issued by the court.
Please pay careful attention as there have been some cases reported wherein people have been asked for provision or certification of personal data by phone or by postcard by people illegally using Waseda University or WUAA's names. Please be sure to contact WUAA bureau in any suspicious cases.
Waseda-net ID and password is a way for the system to certify that whether the user is valid or not. If your password is found out by others, ID theft may occur and the ID owner may be held responsible for any actions taken under their account. You are required to be careful in managing your password. Please change your initial password promptly and we advise you to change it on a regular basis.
From the "My Profile" section of Waseda-net you can configure "stop the delivery of mail articles from Waseda University or WUAA ( please be careful because also "Seihoku no Kaze", Waseda University's public relations magazine, sent to all the alumni once a year, cannot be delivered )" or "stop the delivery of Waseda Gakuho".If you don't have a Waseda-net ID, please contact WUAA bureau by phone or by e-mail.
From the usage of personal information use by Waseda University Alumni (2) "when used in publication of WUAA listing and support for encouragement of Tomonkai activities," if you not wish for your information to be disclosed, you can set your personal data as private when you graduate through notification to the graduation record and Carrier Compass, or notification to WUAA.
You can make your data private (or public) in the future whenever you want.
Please apply through postal mail with the application documents below.
It will be assumed that you are providing consent to the usage and legal disclosure of personal data defined above if there is neither of these notifications.
Please note that the alumni association membership list is sorted by academic background. As such, if you set your academic background to private, none of your information including your name will be on this list.
Please give due consideration when applying for nondisclosure of your academic background as parents or friends have inquired that there is no record of enrollment of an alumnus/alumna although they have surely graduated that year.
And there will be no data output sorted by address if you make your address private, by employment history if employment history is set to private, by WUAA activity status if WUAA activity status is set to private.